Detentions Specialist (Civilian Position)-$35,888-$42,503
- P.O.S.T. certificate not required for Specialist.
- Have a basic P.O.S.T. certificate for the State of Colorado, or have a conditional P.O.S.T. certificate for Deputy Position.
- U.S. citizen.
- Minimum Age for Deputy Position is 21
- Minimum Age for Specialist Position is 18
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform all essential function of the job
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Current and recent use of non-prescribed or illegal drugs. Applicants who have recent illegal drug usage will be disqualified. Recent drug use includes marijuana within 1 year of application, and all other illegal drug use within the past 5 years. All other illegal drug use will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Any felony conviction
- Police history – type, frequency and nature of contacts.
- Driving Record
- Outside activities which may be deemed a conflict of interest
- Revelation of assaultive behavior.
- Documented record of prior work performance.
- Unsuccessful completion of any basic requirement.
- Inability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Applicants must print an application found below. Only those applicants that have successfully completed their application will be considered for the position.
Applicants will be contacted by Professional Standards to complete the following steps when the office has a position open.
- Oral Board/Panel Interview
- Written Exam and/or Position Specific Testing
- Extensive Background Investigation
- Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Exam
- Drug Test
Please mail or fax your completed application to:
Elbert County Sheriff’s Office
C/O Professional Standards
P.O. Box 486
Kiowa, CO 80117
If you have any questions contact: Lt. Mike Moore at 303-621-2027 ext:6235