Fingerprinting: The Elbert County Sheriff’s Office provides the service of fingerprinting for a number of reasons. Fingerprints may be required for a recent conviction of a crime, for a real estate license, adoption, government clearances, job applications, teaching licenses, passports, as well as a variety of other needs. These prints are done by trained deputies and staff. Plan on at least an hour to be sure we are able to obtain quality readable prints. Prints are done only on Tuesday and Thursday between 9AM-11AM and 1PM-3PM and Saturdays between 9AM and 11AM. We ask that you provide the necessary information to include a state photo identification card and a blank fingerprint card given to you by the agency that requires the fingerprints. The fee for fingerprinting is $10.00. There is no fee for fingerprints associated with handgun permits as this is included in the permit fee.
New Fingerprinting Process –
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is in the process of implementing a new, Statewide Digital Fingerprinting Process known as CABS (Colorado Applicant Background Services) in response to Senate Bill 17-189. The CBI recently awarded two contracts allowing third party vendors to print and submit non-criminal applicant fingerprints for the State. These vendor services will be located throughout the State, increasing applicants’ ability to obtain fingerprints in a timely manner. These services will also reduce the burden on Law Enforcement agencies as the vendors will electronically transmit the civil fingerprints. The processing time and rejections will decrease tremendously.
Approved Fingerprinting Vendor
● Colorado Fingerprinting – www.coloradofingerprinting.com
How the CABS Program Will Work:
Appointments and online registration are required. The streamlined process look like this:
1. Online Registration (required) – You will register through the online Enrollment Center at
www.coloradofingerprinting.com where you will identify yourself and the entity requesting your report.
2. Convenient Location and Time – Use the Enrollment Center to select a convenient location, date and
time for your appointment.
3. Payment or Billing Account – After providing all required information, you can pay with either credit
card, money order or provide a billing account number if provided by your requesting institution.
4. Confirmation – You receive an appointment confirmation with your “Order Number” by text and by
5. Fingerprinting – Go to the fingerprint location at your scheduled time. Provide the “Order Number” to
the enrollment agent along with your photo ID (drivers license or passport). Your livescan fingerprints,
digital photo and digital signature are then captured and submitted to CBI.
6. Results – The results are returned by CBI to the entity requesting your report.
7. Status – You can login to the Enrollment Center at any time to see the status of your fingerprint
Please contact CABS 720-292-2722, toll free 833-224-2227 or email email@example.com if
you have any questions or need assistance.